Advertisement

SENimation Search

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

VFX Test for Satay Satay

There is a crashing scene in this film which required some 2D visual effects. I first asked for advice from James Lee, the creator of Tarboy (2007). He showed me how he created those amazingly vivid effects in Tarboy. I’ve learnt a lot from him but I’m still not close to what I’m after. I have been experimenting in a variety of 2D visual effects in order to make the best for the visual style of my film.



Below is an illustration of the process involved in animating a visual effect for Satay Satay:

First, I drew it all out, animated the timing and speed in which the effect will happen.
-
_
I then roughed out the shape and volume of the smoke bursts and mapped out the timing in which the smoke dissipates .I then began to trace off the rough animation with final clean brush strokes.
-
_
Finally, I filled in the color and shadow where needed.
-
_
_
VFX Test Final Look

No comments: